Friday, December 21, 2018

Review: Filthy Beautiful Lies

Filthy Beautiful Lies Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I can say I quite enjoyed this book! The cool thing about it was that it was a quick read that kept you wanting to read more, it wasn't drawn out.



So our main character, Sophie, is a virgin. She needs to make money fast and the only way to do that is to sell her body. That in itself isn't that much different then alot of indie author's books. It seems to be a recurrent theme in the books erotic indie authors write, I can say though that Kendall Ryan's is the only one I could actually read in it's fullness, none of the others I could deal with.

And then our other main character Colton [Drake]. He obviously buys Sophie at the auction. And then there is the auction scene and we have the one big bad man, and then we have the male protagonist who "seems better" than all the others, yada yada. And then he is obviously hiding a secret which yet again isn't that original, it was kina obviouse throughout the whole book.

So honestly, was this the best book I've read this year? No, far from it. But it was a quick read and I can say Kendall Ryan is one of the better indie authors I have read. The part that really irked me in this book is the bad grammer (yikes, there is a ton of it) and the fact that it wasn't very original, and I'm not going to say I fell in love with any of the characters because most of the time [spoiler] I got Sophie the protagonist and Stella the wife mixed up [/spoiler] and honestly Colton had no loveable qualities to him. I will read the nex book in the series but I better be more impressed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment