Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Review: Control

Control Control by Charlotte Stein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So to this book I give the "Best Book I've Read This Year" award!



So we start out in this book with Maddie trying to get a helper at her book store. She has two people who she thinks are fit for the job, Andy and Gabe.

Andy is confident in his sexuality.

Gabe? Not so much.

“It makes me restless and agitated that he doesn't understand his own attractiveness. So I step forward and touch him. He should be touched-it's a crime he hasn't been.”

Gabe has very low self esteem I guess you could say. Not to mention he was a virgin before he meet Maddie. He had bad parents growing up, but not in that over-used way that authors always tend to use. But in the end, Gabe get's the job.

At first, Gabe is very closed off and doesn't like to let out too much of his real feelings towards things, he is a big perfectionist and thinks that "normal" is actaully a thing and something he should strive to be, anything he considers out of the box is a no go...at first.

He then starts to connect with Maddie. But it's not as if he starts it, Maddie starts talking to him.

Gabe IS NOT the dominate here in any sense, it's all Maddie. But honestly, that may be why I loved him so much, he was just so innocent.

But it's honestly really sad how low Gabe views himself.

I'm not going to ruin the whole book for you. But it's not like it's all sex, there are some super sweet parts.

“Like cuddling. He can do all these things, all of these delicious detached sex things, and then cuddle. And kiss me. And mummurs things into my hair. I try to squirm away, but I don't think he's going to let me.
And then he says, "Do you not want me to hold you? You can go and hug Andy, if you want to. I don't mind."
What's worse is-I can't tell if he genuinely means it or not. But I know he means it when I remain right where I am, and don't say anything or do anything, and he quite suddenly decides to say words I know already, I do know.
"I love you," he tells me.”


Just read this book, I did it zero justice, but believe me, you need to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment